Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Antonio Brown had his probation, which stems from a January 2020 assault, terminated a year early Tuesday, his lawyer told NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport.
“In further demonstration of Antonio Brown’s hard work and great progress since his NFL suspension, we are very pleased to advise that his withheld adjuration is now final and he has completed his probation a full year ahead of schedule,” Brown’s attorney Sean Burstyn said in a statement. “We see nothing but blue sky for AB.”
The criminal portion of the matter may be resolved, but the former Steelers wideout is still facing a civil suit for battery and assault stemming from the same altercation.
Brown was charged with assaulting driver Anton Tumanov on Jan. 21, 2020, who was making a delivery at his South Florida home. After pleading no contest, Brown was sentenced to two years of probation for a felony burglary charge, one year for battery and six months for criminal mischief.
Brown was suspended for the first eight games of last season following multiple infringements of the league’s personal conduct policy.
Brown resigned with the Bucs earlier this offseason on a one-year, 6.25 million deal.